Thursday, August 27, 2009

shock and awe...

don't ask me why I was cleaning the bathroom at 11:45 at night on a Wednesday, but I must take a moment to share with the world my distress at discovering the little speckled pattern on the floor of my tub was not actually a speckled pattern, but deep-set gunk and grime in the texture of the molded plastic tub.

I was going along with my cleaning business, putting some elbow grease into the soft-scrub-with-bleach-and-scrub-brush action, when for whatever reason I spaced off and kept at the same 6" circle for a few moments longer than the rest. When I realized that I had been scrubbing the same spot for over a minute, I found - to my horror!- that it was the only all-white spot in the entire tub! Of course I then spent the next 20 minutes scrubbing my shoulder sore to ensure that ALL the gunk was removed.

I also had to repeatedly call my husband to come and see the step-by-step process first hand. "Honey! Come look at this! Our tub is filthy!" ... "Honey! Come see! I scrubbed it all out!" And he, being the wonderful man that he is, beamed with pride at his wife's hard work and told me how much he loved me for scrubbing the specks of grime out of our tub. Now I just hope he remembers that pride and love when I ask him to rub my sore shoulder later...

No comments: