Monday, November 2, 2009

The things girls do for good hair...

It wasn't pretty...

But when it was through...
I ended up with beautiful curls!!!
After spending 26 years with stick-straight hair, I am thrilled to finally have the curls I've always dreamed of. I'm sure there will come a day when I miss my straight locks and pull out my trusty flat iron, but for now I'm absolutely loving the curls!!!

While it takes a bit longer to wash and dry, I can go longer between washes and have infinitely more options for styling (as my straight hair wouldn't hold anything from a bobby pin to an ironed curl). I've gotten so many compliments and I love how many people have told me that they just thought I had naturally curly hair and always straightened it!!!

The only bad part about getting the perm was when my husband found out how much I spent on it :-o But when I reminded him that I hadn't had so much as a trim for over 18 months and then asked him to add up how much he'd spent on haircuts over the last year and a half, he did calm down quite a bit ;-)

No comments: