Monday, September 7, 2009

breaking the seal

When Seth and I first came up to Iowa to look for a place to live last June, one of the first things I noticed was the relatively new shopping center just 15 minutes away from our small town. It had the most beautiful Target I'd ever seen, Kohls, a BW3's (a.k.a. Buffalo Wild Wings), AND.... a Hobby Lobby.

There it was. Right off the highway on my way to and from work. Every day. That spells danger.

So I resolved to put off visiting said Hobby Lobby for as long as I could stand it, knowing that once I started going I would most likely never be able to stop. We moved on July 17th and I successfully resisted for a solid seven weeks. But last week I made the mistake of visiting their website and checking out their weekly add. To my absolute horror & delight I discovered that they were having a sale on jewelry making supplies - up to %50!!! - until Sept 5th. The wait was over. This had to be a sign that the time was right for me to finally make my first trip to the glorious H.L.!

So on Saturday afternoon I went. It worked out perfectly because Seth had to pick up some stuff from Menards so I had him drop me off so that my time would be restricted. I also didn't get a cart or a basket. I gave myself the rule that I could only take what I could fit in my two hands... which ended up being quite a lot actually.

After Seth picked me up he asked how much I spent. I gave him my best puppy dog eyes in hopes that the power of my cuteness would cause him to forget the words that had just left his mouth, but alas, it did not work. "A hundred bucks," He guessed. "Oh, goodness no!" I said, "Nowhere near that much. Wait... could I have spent $100???"

**check out my design blog to see pictures of my haul as well as the first fruits ;-) **

No comments: