Thursday, September 24, 2009

chicken mushroom pesto!!!

I love to cook.

Even though I don't have a lot of time for it, and even though I hate cleaning up after it, I still love to cook. And my favorite kind of cooking is the kind that involves no recipe. Perhaps this is due to subconscious fantasies of being a culinary genius. Perhaps it is due to a stubborn laziness that says I can come up with something on my own faster than I can look up and follow a recipe.

Well, whatever the reason, I greatly enjoy inventing my own dishes and throwing things together to try and come up with something delicious.

Tonight it was chicken and mushroom pesto. I highly recommend it. And not just because I made it up. Because it was oh-so-yummy and amazingly quick and simple.

Here's what you need:
(Pretty much all of the ingredients can be adjusted, more or less, depending on your taste.)
- 2 large chicken breasts (cubed)
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 box of pasta - my favorite is cellentani. It's fun and a good weight (is "weight" the right word?) for a dish like this.
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs garlic
- olive oil
- 8 oz grape tomatoes
- 6 oz. pesto Start by boiling the water for the pasta while you melt the butter and some garlic in a medium skillet. When the butter is bubbling and starting to turn a nice golden shade of brown, add the mushrooms and onion. Saute the veggies until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms nice and dark, then add a little olive oil, the chicken and the rest of the garlic. While the chicken and pasta are cooking, halve the tomatoes. Drain the pasta and mix all of the ingredients together AND SERVE!!!

1 comment:

Krystal Meyer said...

You should put up the recipe for your sauerbraten meatloaf. I've been waiting for that for a year from you!