Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fishing with my hubby

Seth had been planning a fishing trip for the two of us all week long. Friday night: homecoming. Saturday night: fishing. We were going to run some errands in the morning and then head out to the pond around 4pm.

Unfortunately, I woke up Saturday morning feeling a little sick... which quickly became a lot sick. As bad as I felt from the sudden sickness, I felt even worse that our fishing trip might be canceled. I knew how much Seth had been looking forward to it so I was really hoping that I would feel better by the time 4 o'clock came around. I threw a few different kinds of medicine at my stomach and finally started to feel somewhat normal just in time to go fishing.

I tried to prepare Seth for the possibility that I might not be feeling up to staying out on the pond as long as he usually likes, and he promised me that if I started to feel sick again, he would take me straight home (because he's wonderful like that :-).

Well wouldn't you know - the night I go out fishing when I'm sick and don't even really feel like fishing ends up being my BEST NIGHT EVER!!!
Now, I do have to say that I haven't done all that much fishing, so what I would consider my "best night" may be nothing special for a more seasoned fisherman. We were only out on the water for about an hour and a half and I caught 5 bass that were 1.9 - 2.2 lbs! (Plus a few smaller ones.) This was my second 2lb bass (hence the two fingers - no, it's not a peace sign)
Plus we got to enjoy the emerging fall colors and an absolutely beautiful sunset.

2 comments:

deo1929 said...

So...where the hell were all the bass that size when Seth took me fishing, eh? He gets the big one and I get the puny crappie-sized silver bass! I guess it helps to be married to the fisherman!

Dilly said...

Actually, sweets, that's not a Peace sign either. Peace has the palm facing out. You're doing the British version of "giving the finger".

(Cue NBC's "The More You Know" rainbow star.)

;)